Friday, January 21, 2011

Procrastination.

Yesterday I went to counseling and was talking about my crazy weekend and how I said all it takes is one day to make the difference. Then we talked about how I had missed like a week's worth of classes. Well he then applied the one day thing to procrastination, which I will admit I have a major problem with. And we made some goals that I could complete to get caught up with my school work. My counselor is a genius to put it that way. So now I am fighting off procrastination and trying to make my life better by making SMART goals.

So SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timed goals. So it is sometimes hard for people to complete goals because they make them unrealistic and they don't put limits on them. For instance if you wanted to go down 10 dress sizes in 4 months. This is an unrealistic goal. I also think you need to come up with ways to complete your goals.

Goal #1: I will make up my 3 assignments in British Lit by the end of the weekend.
  •  Copy Make up assignments on Friday(today).
  • Work in the mornings to complete at least 1.5 assignments a day.
 Goal #2: I will take better care of myself in the next 2 months (Lose 8lbs) .
  • Eat healthier( More fruits and veggies, leaner meat, and less soda)
  • Exercise More. ( Walk to class at least 3 times a week, do palates at least 2 times a week and 1 day of cardio.)
Goal #3: I will take better care of myself Spiritually in the next week.
  • Take the time to enjoy the world around me.
  • Read my Text 
  • Do some energy work.
I think that these two goals are attainable and give me lots of room to move around. Losing 8lbs in 2 months is a little daunting but that is a pound a week and I think I can do it. At the end of  my specified time I can go back and see if this was true and make new goals. Good goals are what helps us make improvements that we want to see in our selves over time without the fear of failure.

Quote of the Day: “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try." -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!